[ipxe-devel] ECDHE ciphers becoming more of an issue

Geert Stappers stappers at stappers.nl
Sun Jun 7 08:47:19 UTC 2020

On Sun, Jun 07, 2020 at 05:36:56PM +1000, Adam Baxter wrote:
> While messing around trying to boot Fedora
> Server via iPXE, I ran into the issue mentioned at
> https://forum.ipxe.org/showthread.php?tid=11985&highlight=ECDHE on
> several different hosts. It seems like more and more servers will be
> deprecating the ciphers that iPXE supports.
>
> Unfortunately, the one person who mentioned adding support to iPXE
> seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth.

We, O.P. and I, don't known.  I think that skilled people solve
their problem and than move on.

> I'll add my +1 I guess - can you please add support for more ciphers
> to iPXE's TLS implementation?

In https://lists.ipxe.org/pipermail/ipxe-devel/2020-June/007077.html is
hinted that "packet.net's iPXE"  has implemented what Original Poster
and many others want. Those who really want it, will explore that.

And the better explorers report back  8^)

> Thanks,
> Adam

Regards
Geert Stappers