[ipxe-devel] Debian installer doesn't load preseed

Ghassan Elrayah ghel at spreadshirt.net
Sun Mar 31 13:05:28 UTC 2019

On 3/30/19 8:09 PM, Ghassan Elrayah wrote:
> didn't work neither by pointing the preseed/url to the preseed file in
> /tmp, althought he file is there.
>
> On 3/30/19 7:44 PM, Ghassan Elrayah wrote:
>>

>> On 3/30/19 7:41 PM, Christian Nilsson wrote:

>>> On the kernel cmdline ...
>>> preseed/url=tftp://my.ipxe.server/preseed/debian_buster_node.seed
>>>   dosn't make sense?
>>> I don't think that it supports tftp in the Debian init scripts.
>>> Eighter point it to the file in /tmp/ or use a http url which is the
>>> likely supported case (but I might as well mention that some initrds
>>> do not support DNS, so using http://ip is the safest in terms of first
>>> test)
>> Sorry for the private reply. It was a mistake. I'll try it and let
>> you know.

I finally could install debian buster fully unattended by using the
following Kernel arguments:

:d10-dc-node
set base-url
https://d-i.debian.org/daily-images/amd64/daily/netboot/debian-installer/amd64
kernel ${base-url}/linux
initrd ${base-url}/initrd.gz
initrd tftp://ipxe01.server.lej.sprd.net/preseed/debian_buster_node.seed
/tmp/debian_buster_node.seed
imgargs linux auto vga=normal root=/dev/ram rw
file=/tmp/debian_buster_node.seed interface=eno1 fb=false
debian-installer=en_US.UTF-8 locale=en_US.UTF-8 kbd-chooser/method=us
auto-install/enable=true debconf/frontend=noninteractive
priority=critical console-setup/ask_detect=false
keyboard-configuration/xkb-keymap=us
keyboard-configuration/modelcode=pc105
keyboard-configuration/layoutcode=us keyboard-configuration/variant=USA ---
boot

Network configuration and hostname will be set with DHCP.

Thanks every body for helping me out.

--

Ghassan Elrayah
System Engineer