[ipxe-devel] Debian installer doesn't load preseed

Ghassan Elrayah ghel at spreadshirt.net
Sat Mar 30 19:09:44 UTC 2019

didn't work neither by pointing the preseed/url to the preseed file in
/tmp, althought he file is there.

On 3/30/19 7:44 PM, Ghassan Elrayah wrote:

> On 3/30/19 7:41 PM, Christian Nilsson wrote:
>> On Sat, 30 Mar 2019 at 19:34, Ghassan Elrayah <ghel at spreadshirt.net>
>> wrote:

>>> Hi Christian and thanks for the reply.
>>>
>>> I can confirm that the preseed file is downloaded on the target machine
>>> and the /proc/cmdline contains exactly the arguments I am passing to
>>> the
>>> Kernel through the imgargs with the following version of menu.ipxe,
>>> unfortunately without success:
>>>
>>> :d10-dc-node
>>> set base-url
>>> https://d-i.debian.org/daily-images/amd64/daily/netboot/debian-installer/amd64
>>> initrd ${base-url}/initrd.gz
>>> initrd tftp://my.ipxe.server/preseed/debian_buster_node.seed
>>> /tmp/debian_buster_node.seed
>>> kernel ${base-url}/linux auto
>>> preseed/url=tftp://my.ipxe.server/preseed/debian_buster_node.seed
>>> netcfg/choose_interface=eno1 auto-install/enable=true fb=false
>>> debconf/frontend=noninteractive debian-installer=en_US.UTF-8 auto
>>> locale=en_US.UTF-8 console-setup/ask_detect=false
>>> kbd-chooser/method=us keyboard-configuration/xkb-keymap=us
>>> keyboard-configuration/modelcode=pc105
>>> keyboard-configuration/layout=USA keyboard-configuration/variant=USA
>>> BOOT_DEBUG=2 --

--

Ghassan Elrayah
System Engineer
Mail: ghassan.elrayah at spreadshirt.net

sprd.net AG. Gießerstraße 27. 04229 Leipzig. Germany
phone: +49 341 59400-5513. Fax: +49 341 59400-5149
http://www.spreadshirt.net

Vorstand/Executive Board: Philip Rooke (Vorsitzender/CEO), Tobias Schaugg
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender/Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Lukasz Gadowski
Handelsregister/Trade Register: Amtsgericht Leipzig, HRB 22478
Umsatzsteuer-IdentNummer/VAT-ID: DE 8138 7149 4