[ipxe-devel] HPE QLogic NC382i quadport (hp Proliant DL385-G6) does not run iPXE boot.

Christian Nilsson nikize at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 23:07:08 UTC 2019

On Sat, 12 Jan 2019 at 00:04, michele pedrini <michelemikymoto at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear All,
> I have 10 units of DL-385 G6 hp Proliant servers.
> This servers have a diskless configuration so I need to boot from a remote repository.
> I wasted a lot of time trying to set iSCSI Boot using the on-board nic HPE QLogic NC382i quadport, without no result.
>
> So I tried to use iPXE Boot in order to work around the initial issue.
> I already used iPXE boot in the recent past and I found out it worked fine.
> But I can't make it run with that hp ethernet board.
> did you find in the past a solution to this issue? Any idea about how to solve this issue?
>
> Thank you in advance for you time and help.
> Michele

Wat is the pciid of the card?
Which iPXE binary are you using? (examples: ipxe.pxe, ipxe.lkrn,
undionly.kpxe, ipxe.efi, snponly.efi)
How is that binary started? (chainloading over network)
What is the error message or what is it that isn't working for you?
Output of ifstat inside of iPXE shell?

/Christian