[ipxe-devel] HPE QLogic NC382i quadport (hp Proliant DL385-G6) does not run iPXE boot.

michele pedrini michelemikymoto at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 15:45:16 UTC 2019

Hi Christian,
thanks for your time.
below my answers:

Wat is the pciid of the card?
Me:...
Vendor ID: 0x14e4
Device ID: 0x1639
Sub-System Vendor ID: 0x103c
Sub System ID: 0x7055

Which iPXE binary are you using? (examples: ipxe.pxe, ipxe.lkrn,
undionly.kpxe, ipxe.efi, snponly.efi)
Me:...Tried to boot from the standard ISO, the so called "Bootable ISO
image, joust to see if that ISO is able to map hardware and to start the
iPXE console.

How is that binary started? (chainloading over network)
Me:...ISO image mounted into the iLO and system started from CD.

What is the error message or what is it that isn't working for you?
Me:...after start booting from iPXE ISO, the screen shows "FATAL HUB LINK
ERROR" and stops going ahead.

Output of ifstat inside of iPXE shell?
Me:...after start booting from iPXE ISO, the screen shows "FATAL HUB LINK
ERROR" and stops going ahead.

Hoping to be clear and to have correctly answered to your questions.
I'm looking forward your upgrades.
BR,
Michele