[ipxe-devel] iPXE and NIC with fiber cable medium

Robin Smidsrød robin at smidsrod.no
Sun Apr 26 07:49:36 UTC 2015

On 08.04.2015 10:36, GribanovAnton wrote:
> Hello , Ipxe-devel.
>
> I can try to boot iPXE on network card with fiber cable medium.
> Intel I350-F2 (8086:1522)
> D-Link DGE-560SX/B1 (14e4:1656)
>
> When I using kernel module or replace an existing PXE ROM the network
> status indicator turns off and Link Down.
> But  if  I  use  undionly everything is ok. Link Up and I can continue
> boot.
>
> Can you help me?
> I want to reflash the network card with iPXE and boot iSCSI disk on fiber.

If you try to make bin/80861522.rom bin/14e41656.rom DEBUG=intel,tg3 and
flash that to your fiber NICs, what kind of response do you get?
Screenshots or serial logs would be useful to track down the root cause.

Not sure how a kernel module is relevant for the issue, unless using the
ipxe-provided drivers stop them from working because of some NIC reset
issue. Need more information here.

-- Robin