[ipxe-devel] RFE: update error page for LIO

Alexander Todorov alexx.todorov at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 12:05:55 UTC 2015

Hi guys,
one of your error pages needs updating. Not sure how can I make this happen.

On http://ipxe.org/err/1d7045 there's this paragraph:

Note that the default configuration when Linux is the target is for the disk to
be LUN 1. For example, use
“iscsi:iscsi.example.com:::1:iqn.1992-01.com.example.iscsi:target” instead of
“iscsi:iscsi.example.com::::iqn.1992-01.com.example.iscsi:target”. On your Linux
iSCSI target, “tgtadm –lld iscsi –op show –mode target” will show you details of
each target.

This all works great when the target system uses tgtd for example. But when it
uses LIO (targetcli) then the default LUN is 0 not 1. I've just spent an hour
trying to figure out why stuff doesn't work when I moved my iSCSI target onto
newer system. Changing :1: for :0: as the LUN number in the above syntax worked
like a charm.

I propose to append the following text to this page:

Note: If your target is Linux-IO the default LUN number is 0 instead of 1!

--
Alex