[ipxe-devel] UEFI wimboot

Michael Brown mcb30 at ipxe.org
Thu Sep 4 15:24:14 UTC 2014

On 04/09/14 14:53, Levente LEVAI wrote:
> snponly.efi
>    built from commit db014f3c23be19e11964d48f2bcb25b54a9bf722 (last
>    working efi app version around beginning of this year that can
>    launch efi binaries)

I'm pretty sure that version is too old.

> My first suspicion was that my snponly.efi does not expose the images
> it downloaded as a simple file system protocol. So I tried to compile
> snponly.efi from HEAD but I found no snponly target in the makefile.
> Since I was quite happy with my old build so far I did not track
> changes, is snponly.efi discontinued?

No; it's still there.  You can build it using

   make bin-x86_64-efi/snponly.efi

I've just pushed some changes which should fix some reported issues with
snponly; please use the current iPXE master branch.

> Anyhow, do I make some silly mistake? Can I somehow make my scenario
>
>     UEFI PXE boot -tftp-> snponly.efi(?) -http-> WinPE
>
> work with the existing tools?

Yes, that scenario will work, but you do need to use an up-to-date iPXE
binary.