[ipxe-devel] iPXE: Authentification Problem

Michael Brown mbrown at fensystems.co.uk
Fri Nov 8 13:05:57 UTC 2013

On 08/11/13 10:17, Sara Martínez wrote:
> I'm sorry!! I erased the comments of the code. It's my fault.
>
>   if (exists ipxe.username and exists ipxe.password) {
> *#Here I will check the username and password with LDAP. And if the
> username and the password  are correct, I will load the menu.ipxe*

I would suggest that you use a web server to verify the username and
password against the LDAP backend, rather than using the DHCP server.
Even if you were to hack iPXE to include the username and password
within the DHCP request, this would be a bad idea since DHCP packets
tend to be broadcast in plaintext on the wire.  With a web server, you
can use HTTPS (and, optionally, digest authentication) to ensure that
the username and password remain secret.