[ipxe-devel] iPXE: Authentification Problem

Michael Brown mbrown at fensystems.co.uk
Thu Nov 7 16:00:34 UTC 2013

On 07/11/13 09:42, Sara Martínez wrote:
> I remind you that  I'm trying to use the ipxe (dhcp) options username
> (190) and password (191) to carry the authentication credentials in the
> dhcp request after loading undionly.ipxe; but I cannot success.
>
> With this code that you suggested me:
>    if (exists ipxe.username and exists ipxe.password) {
>      filename "/ltsp/i386/menu-login.ipxe";
>    } else {
>      filename "/ltsp/i386/undionly.kpxe";
>    }
>
> I'm in an infinite loop loading the undionly.kpxe

Sorry; that was a typo.  I should have suggested:

   if exists user-class and option user-class = "iPXE" {
     filename "/ltsp/i386/menu-login.ipxe";
   } else {
     filename "/ltsp/i386/undionly.kpxe";
   }

and have menu-login.ipxe contain

   #!ipxe
   login
   chain -ar menu.ipxe

The idea here is that you don't use the presence of the
username+password to decide to load menu.ipxe: instead your
menu-login.ipxe script choose to load menu.ipxe (after prompting for the
username and password).  There doesn't seem to be any need for you to
make another DHCP request in this situation.