[ipxe-devel] In order to ooting ESXi mboot.c32 from ipxe enable IMAGE_COMBOOT in general/config.h

Brandon Penglase bpenglase-ipxe at Spaceservices.net
Sun Sep 9 14:26:31 UTC 2012

Thomas,
	I decided to try this out to see if I could get the same
thing. Working with Michael and Robin in IRC, we actually were finding
things about the same time you were. Once I uncompressed the tboot.b00,
and renamed it back to what it was, it then found it as a Multiboot
image.
	I then ran into another issue, where the number of multiboot
modules is limited to 8. You can change this in
arch/i386/image/multiboot.c (line 55), and see the comment there on why
it is set as such.  I raised mine to 70 (little bit higher then the full
amount of modules). Using the options that Robin provided earlier (with
9 modules), and DEBUG=multiboot, I get the following:
http://node4.smart-serv.net/~brandon/mboot-debug2.png

Using the full list of modules, they all load, but then it just sits
there again.

Try increasing the max modules, and see if that helps.

	Brandon Penglase