[ipxe-devel] In order to ooting ESXi mboot.c32 from ipxe enable IMAGE_COMBOOT in general/config.h

Thomas Glanzmann thomas at glanzmann.de
Sun Sep 9 13:57:22 UTC 2012

Hello Robin,
and here is the offending file:

http://thomas.glanzmann.de/tmp/tboot.b00

(excalibur) [/var/www/esxi5] cp tboot.b00 /tmp/crap.gz
(excalibur) [/var/www/esxi5] file !$
file /tmp/crap.gz
/tmp/crap.gz: gzip compressed data, from Unix, last modified: Mon Mar 14 20:21:40 2011, max compression
(excalibur) [/var/www/esxi5] gunzip /tmp/crap.gz
(excalibur) [/var/www/esxi5] file /tmp/crap
/tmp/crap: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV), statically linked, stripped

Hmm. Maybe I need ELF support, lets compile that in and try again.
That did not solve it. I searched if I had to enable gzip compression,
but there is no config option so I assume it is always on.

Okay, now I tried to uncompress it and try to use that instead, now it
is identified as multiboot.

It loads and than panics (black screen or reboot). Here is the syslog
output:

Once with your file and once with mine:
http://pbot.rmdir.de/482e684e1fefe8ce6884a77f3994810a

I try to compile bzImage support in maybe that is the compression I was
looking for.

Cheers,
        Thomas