[ipxe-devel] Curious routing problem with iPXE

Lee Bradshaw lee at witsend.id.au
Thu Feb 10 02:43:46 UTC 2011

Well, that sucks.

At least I know now why it's happening - thanks, Andrew.

Option 249 allows me to specify static routes on the DHCP server - from the
rather sparse documentation, I think it's a Microsoft variant of option 121.

I specified a route for 10.10.10.2, mask 255.255.255.255, gateway
10.10.10.2. This then gets added to the routing table and takes precedence
over the spurious route inserted by Windows. I did try adding it afterwards
using the route command, but it wouldn't take it; besides, I need the
network up before I log in so things like backups can still happen.

Lee