[ipxe-devel] Fwd: Re: iPXE working on 486(386?) hardware, hanging on init_librm

Richard Moore rich at richud.com
Wed Feb 9 10:49:56 UTC 2022

On 2022-02-02 14:36, Michael Brown wrote:

> On 30/01/2022 22:03, Nikolai Zhubr wrote: For iPXE this fix is unnecessary but still last time I tried iPXE
> would hang on 486 for some reason.

At least one part of this problem should now be fixed:

  https://github.com/ipxe/ipxe/commit/bc35b24e3

This was a fun problem to debug!

Michael

Many thanks for doing all that Michael - it is getting a lot further on
real 486 but halting with what looks like invalid opcode (INT6) when it
calls most functions [at script execution part] e.g. 'echo' is ok but
'sleep' is not.

I have fiddled around with various debugging options and managed to get
a stackdump (screenshot attached);

Please let me know if there is anything constructive I can do to help
provide any further info?

Cheers

Rich