[ipxe-devel] Documentation when iPXE doesn't work

Geert Stappers stappers at stappers.nl
Sun May 16 09:32:38 UTC 2021

Previous-Subject: Re: [ipxe-devel] 486 with a Realtek 8139

On Sun, May 16, 2021 at 12:00:30PM +0300, Nikolai Zhubr wrote:
> 16.05.2021 0:56, Nikolai Zhubr:
> [...]
> > Not sure if I did something obviously stupid because documentation is
> > pretty much non-existent.
>
> I have to correct myself. The documentation does exist (online), however for
> me as a user it is arranged in a very unexpected manner, and it confuses to
> a surprisingly high degree. First, the material goes all upside-down:
> command line goes before build options, architecture of wimboot goes before
> build targets. One could suppose it does not matter (as long as the links
> are within a single page anyway), but yes it does matter quite a lot.
> Second, it is presented in way that somehow discourages long sequential
> reading (by "long" I mean more than 3 lines), very much pushing the idea
> that as a user you only need to comprehence "cd src; make" at most, which is
> not always good enough.
>

> Thank you,

Thank  **YOU**   Nikolai  for providing this feedback.

Acknowledge on "cd src; make" is not enough when iPXE just hangs.

For now lets focus on the current problem
and return to this (fresh) email thread later.

Groeten
Geert Stappers
--
Silence is hard to parse