[ipxe-devel] 486 with a Realtek 8139

Nikolai Zhubr n-a-zhubr at yandex.ru
Wed May 5 00:26:29 UTC 2021

Hi,

05.05.2021 1:55, Christian Iwata Nilsson:
[...]
> Have you tried any build with #undef TIVOLI_VMM_WORKAROUND?

Just tried after your hint. No difference here.

I'm suspecting some memory management issue. This specific BIOS totally
lacks E820 function, which made it necessary e.g. to patch some bugs in
grub for it to work. (However, linux runs fine out of the box apparently)

I could not figure how to enable all those beautifull DBG() things.
Probably they could help somewhat. The manual says about DEBUG=scsi but
I'm not really interested in scsi yet, and building with just "make
bin/10ec8139.pxe DEBUG=2" fails saying "No rule to make target
'bin/2.dbg1.o'", same fail with DEBUG=1. Puzzled.

Thank you,

Regards,
Nikolai