[ipxe-devel] Diskless Cilent Centos via iSCSI

Michael Brown mcb30 at ipxe.org
Mon Feb 15 19:27:26 UTC 2021

On 15/02/2021 19:16, brent s. wrote:
> On 2/12/21 11:43, Oliver Rath wrote:
>> Ist there something appropriate for Debian/Ubuntu?
>
> For e.g. Focal release of Ubuntu, you would use this URL base (make sure
> the initramfs and kernel filenames are the same, I didn't check):
>
> http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/focal/main/installer-amd64/current/legacy-images/netboot/ubuntu-installer/amd64/
>
> For Debian, you can find the kernel and initrd.gz here:
>
> https://deb.debian.org/debian/dists/buster/main/installer-amd64/current/images/netboot/debian-installer/amd64/

Thanks.

For a Red Hat installation, I can tell the initrd where to find the rest
of the installer by adding e.g.

   inst.repo=http://mirror.centos.org/centos/8/BaseOS/x86_64/os

to the kernel command line.

Is there a direct equivalent for Debian/Ubuntu?  I've tried previously
and given up, because it seemed as though the only option was to create
a preseed.cfg file (which, in turn, seemed to require specifying a large
number of unnecessary other values in addition to the single repository
URL).

Thanks,