[ipxe-devel] SCCM KB updates needed (included below)

Josh Fail jfail at redhat.com
Thu Sep 3 14:03:25 UTC 2020

Hello,

I wanted to share the updates I found were needed in the article on SCCM
booting with iPXE <https://ipxe.org/howto/sccm>.  ImageX has been
deprecated in favor of DISM since the release of Windows 8+
So the Image X section should be replaced with

mkdir mntpnt

dism /get-wiminfo /wimfile:"PATH\TO\BOOT.WIM"

dism /mount-image /imagefile"PATH\TO\BOOT.WIM"

xcopy /e /f /y sccmfiles\sms mntpnt\sms

copy /y winpeshl.ini mntpnt\Windows\System32\

copy /y bootstrap.vbs mntpnt\sms\bin\x64\

Dism /Unmount-image /MountDir:"PATH\TO\mntpnt"  /commit

Tree structure of the files on the web server:

.

├── SCCM.ipxe

├── ipxe.efi

├── sccmfiles

│   ├── boot

│   │   ├── BCD

│   │   └── boot.sdi

│   ├── bootmgr

│   ├── bootmgr.efi

│   └── sources

│   └── boot.wim

├── undionly.kpxe

└── wimboot

Config snippet in the *SCCM*.ipxe

:windowssccm

kernel wimboot

initrd sccmfiles/bootmgr  sccmfiles/bootmgr

initrd sccmfiles/boot/BCD  sccmfiles/boot/BCD

initrd sccmfiles/boot/boot.sdi sccmfiles/boot/boot.sdi

initrd sccmfiles/sources/boot.wim sccmfiles/sources/boot.wim

boot

--

Joshua Fail

senior Systems Administrator

Red Hat <https://www.redhat.com/>

100 E Davie Street

jfail at redhat.com

Want to distribute software to Red Hat managed endpoints?

Use our Endpoint Systems Consultation Request form
<https://redhat.service-now.com/help?id=sc_cat_item&sys_id=6d2cdd501b8fc4507652964abc4bcb48>
to get in touch with us.
<https://red.ht/sig>