[ipxe-devel] ECCN request for iPXE (770a7bd) and wimboot (91be50c)

ZWETSLOOT Jeroen Jeroen.Zwetsloot at nl.thalesgroup.com
Fri Jun 19 10:35:19 UTC 2020

Hello,

Thales Nederland BV is considering to use iPXE and wimboot in its own products. In order to do so we have to make sure that they comply with export regulations that apply to our products.

According to our information your software could be subject to the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) when it is either hosted in the United States of America or if any contributor is a resident of the United States of America (for more information on this subject, please consult https://www.bis.doc.gov/).

We therefore kindly ask you if your iPXE (the latest version, as of this writing commit 770a7bd43aa236fe415e0643e2f452e1ad191596) and wimboot (also the latest version, as of this writing commit 91be50c17d4d9f463109d5baafd70f9fdadd86db) software is subject to the EAR and, if so, to provide us with the ECCN that applies to these iPXE and wimboot versions.

Thank you for your time,

Kind regards, on behalf of Thales Nederland BV,

Jeroen Zwetsloot
Software Engineer

Disclaimer:

If you are not the intended recipient of this email, please notify the sender and
delete it.
Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of this email or its
attachment(s) is forbidden.
Thales Nederland BV will not accept liability for any damage caused by this email or
its attachment(s).
Thales Nederland BV is seated in Hengelo and is registered at the Chamber of
Commerce under number 06061578.