[ipxe-devel] Robustness principle

Geert Stappers stappers at stappers.nl
Sun Jun 14 10:21:29 UTC 2020

On Sat, Jun 13, 2020 at 01:11:47AM +1000:
> On Sat, 13 Jun 2020, at 00:48:
> >
> > List members,
> >
> > I have done a number of web searches and am interested in gaining
> > some insights into what choices I have in implementing iPXE to boot
> > ISO files directly (I have read several postings that were 6 to 10
> > years old in this area but no code was really given just oh I did
> > this, I did that). I had asked in an IRC channel a while ago (they
> > are so useless, people ignoring your question and trying to find a
> > different question you should be asking because that is what they
> > can answer), and got a bunch of discouraging replies.
> >

> Careful there,
> a few of the people you're calling useless are on this list.

Qouting https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robustness_principle

} the robustness principle is a design guideline for software:
}
}    Be conservative in what you do,
}    be liberal in what you accept from others

So please keep reporting what could be improved.

Regards
Geert Stappers
--
Silence is hard to parse