[ipxe-devel] New Boot files undionly.kpxe and ipxe.efi

Geert Stappers geert.stappers at hendrikx-itc.nl
Thu Jun 11 17:14:15 UTC 2020

On 11-06-2020 19:00, Pothana Golla wrote:
> Hi
>

> I had replaced with latest version of IPXe boot files in TFTPBOOT
> directory from https://boot.ipxe.org/  it pick up  the new files but
> will not pick my menu.ipxe files . it just loops .

The "it just loops" reminds me
on https://ipxe.org/howto/chainloading#breaking_the_infinite_loop

And while writing this mail
on https://forum.ipxe.org/showthread.php?tid=21808&pid=41982#pid41982
(kudos to Alkis)

> OLD version is IPXE 1.0.0+ (827dd) and new Version IPXE 1.20.1+ (g9ee70)
>

> When we replace the old files it works complete fine .
>

> The new servers Dell R740is not Picking the IPXe may be because of OLD
> version  so thought of upgrading IPXE  Please advice all new version of
> servers are not installing the IPXE boot it picks file but never loads
> the boot menu   OLD version servers are working fine.
>

> Need your kind help

I'm looking forward to your further contribution to the iPXE project.

> *Pothana Golla*

Regards
Geert Stappers
--