[ipxe-devel] Add certificate Was: X_Y_Z certificates not supported

Geert Stappers stappers at stappers.nl
Sun Jun 7 08:30:26 UTC 2020

On Sun, Jun 07, 2020 at 05:56:17PM +1000, Adam Baxter wrote:
> For the benefit of anyone Googling this,
} For the benefit of anyone websearching this,

> > How to add SSL certificate to the iPXE executable?

> I was able to manually trust this chain by doing the following:
>
> ex +'g/BEGIN CERTIFICATE/,/END CERTIFICATE/p' <(echo | openssl s_client -showcerts -connect ewr.edge.kernel.org:443) -scq > ewr.edge.kernel.org.crt

Hey, that is a cool way to create  a  .crt  file.

> make -j4 bin/ipxe.lkrn CERT=ewr.edge.kernel.org.crt TRUST=ewr.edge.kernel.org.crt DEBUG=x509

make -j$(nproc) bin/ipxe.lkrn CERT=ewr.edge.kernel.org.crt TRUST=ewr.edge.kernel.org.crt

For as much parallel jobs as you have number of processor cores,
without x509 debug output.

> --Adam
> ipxe-devel at lists.ipxe.org

Thanks

Regards
Geert Stappers

P.S.
My 'LOL' was planned to get a follow-up by me where I would explain
what is funny.  I'll do a more serious follow-up on
  ECDHE ciphers becoming more of an issue
--
Silence is hard to parse