[ipxe-devel] can snponly.efi run without NII protocol installed?

Michael Brown mcb30 at ipxe.org
Wed Aug 26 11:15:02 UTC 2020

On 26/08/2020 09:31, 丰立波 wrote:
> Thank for the support.
>
> I skip the bs->DisconnectController in the function of
> efi_driver_connect, and my all protocols installed on a NIC controller
> can be kept. When bs->ConnectController is called, there already exist
> the SNP protocol, a new SNP protocol can't be installed. by this way, my
> own SNP protocol can keep on and serve others.

You seem to be ignoring what I am telling you.

Again:

* Your custom UEFI driver stack has the incorrect hierarchy of handles.

* Your SNP driver should bind to a hardware device handle and then
install EFI_SIMPLE_NETWORK_PROTOCOL onto a new handle.

You must first fix your own SNP driver as I have described.

Your SNP driver will then work with iPXE as expected, without any hacks
such as skipping the call to bs->DisconnectController.