[ipxe-devel] can snponly.efi run without NII protocol installed?

Michael Brown mcb30 at ipxe.org
Tue Aug 25 13:27:11 UTC 2020

On 25/08/2020 07:35, 丰立波 wrote:
> MAC(3C6A2CB0886A, 0x1) is a hardware device, but not on a PCIe bus. Can
> iPxe install its own SNP protocol on this kind of device? or iPxe just
> use the original SNP protocol on the hardware device?

As I stated in my previous message:

It looks as though your custom UEFI driver stack has the incorrect
hierarchy of handles.  My guess is that you may have some
platform-specific driver providing the MAC(3C6A2CB0866A,0x1) handle as
though it were a hardware device, and that your SNP driver then binds to
this existing handle and installs EFI_SIMPLE_NETWORK_PROTOCOL as an
additional protocol.

This would be incorrect behaviour: the SNP driver should bind to a
hardware device handle and then install EFI_SIMPLE_NETWORK_PROTOCOL onto
a new handle.

Try building with DEBUG=efi_driver:3 (which will dump additional
information about the handle before and after disconnection).