[ipxe-devel] [patch] 0/2 GrumpyFux surprises

Geert Stappers stappers at stappers.nl
Tue Apr 28 20:12:13 UTC 2020

Hi,

In the iPXE IRC channel was today this:

14:17 < GrumpyFux> Greetings. While using iPXE, I came across a few
         surprise. Before making further waves - I failed to find a bug
         tracker (only merge requests on github). Where can I check whether
         issues have been reported, and possibly are already being worked on?
15:16 < stappers> GrumpyFux: Feel free to share your surprises with us,
         don't let the absence of a BT hinder you.
15:36 < robinsmidsrod> GrumpyFux: There is no bug tracker. If you have issues,
         here or the mailing-list is the correct place to look for them.
18:44 < GrumpyFux> stappers: If you're willing to take the risk :)  -
         So, first, when you try to build an iso but isolinux (Debian/Ubuntu)
         is not installed, the build does not fail as I'd expect,
         instead an almost-empty .iso is generated, which das not work.
         So I'd suggest to execute scripts using "bash -e" instead of just "bash"
         in src/arch/x86/Makefile.pcbios
18:45 < GrumpyFux> Also src/util/geniso should check whether ${ISOLINUX_BIN} has
         content and bail out - else the error message will be somewhat misleading
         (cp in line 123 misses an argument)

That is being transformed into patches.
I sent them as reply to this message.

Groeten