[ipxe-devel] Desperately need help on booting Windows 10 from iSCSI

Johannes Thoma johannes at johannesthoma.com
Wed Jun 26 12:09:00 UTC 2019

Am 23.06.19 um 01:01 schrieb Qing Zheng:
> Hi,
Hi,

> [...]
> I have to go the advanced boot menu to disable driver signature check then it can boot successfully. Once it is booted I checked the detail of the network driver, it is actually using e1i63x64.sys not e1i65x64.sys

If you are sure that you don't need the driver for booting, you
can disable it by setting StartType to 3 and BootFlags to 0
in the registry (HKLM/Software/Services/ControlSet001/<driver>/*
BootFlags 1 means it is boot critical when booting via network
and therefore gets only loaded when booting via iSCSI.

If you need the driver then you need to download and install a properly
signed version of this driver (maybe the certificate just expired).

Please let me know if that helps.

- Johannes