[ipxe-devel] better chainload native ipxe-driver (i.e. intel) instead of undionly?

Matthew Helton mwhelton at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 12:51:09 UTC 2018

Oliver,

I do it all of the time. However depending on the system Architecture, BIOS
and Driver support, it can and does introduce some problems with certain
hardware. I use the iPXE variables for ${product} to blacklist problematic
hardware.

Best,

Matt

On Mon, Oct 15, 2018 at 7:38 AM Oliver Rath <oliver at greenunit.de> wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> does it make sense to chainload an ipxe-binary with native card support
> instead of undionly? Ich could imagine, this generate more speed i.e.
> for downloading big files after ipxe-chainloading. In my case I have
> always the same intel gigabit card with 82574L chip.
>
> Tfh!
>
> Oliver

There is never time enough to do it right, but there always seems to be
enough time to do it again.