[ipxe-devel] #define KEYBOARD_MAP fi does not work

Christian Nilsson nikize at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 20:58:04 UTC 2018

On Wed, Feb 7, 2018 at 7:46 PM, Joakim Tjernlund
<Joakim.Tjernlund at infinera.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2018-02-07 at 18:41 +0000, Michael Brown wrote:
>> CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organization. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.
>>

>> On 07/02/18 09:11, Joakim Tjernlund wrote:
>> > Fond my error: should be config/local/console.h
>> > Somewhat inconvenient to use different files though
>>

>> > Shift-7 works now
>>
>> Great!
>>
>> > but there are several key not translated and AltGr does not work.
>>
>> The BIOS almost certainly does not understand the AltGr key, which means
>> that by the time the keyboard data reaches iPXE that information has
>> already been discarded.
>
> OK. but ><åäö probably more are not on AltGr and these are not mapped either.

If there is no ASCII code to use then it can't be converted to anything
The <>| key is not present on a US keyboard at all.
: should map to ö
" to ä
{ to å

bios_console.c seems to be lacking any good DBG lines to show what it
detects and what it translates to.

But as a Swede myself I must ask why you would like to have Swedish
layout in iPXE - I have never found the need for it and think it is
just more confusing at that stage of booting.