[ipxe-devel] Wimboot Issues

Christian Nilsson nikize at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 19:14:09 UTC 2018

On Tue, Apr 17, 2018 at 11:42 AM, Johann van der Westhuizen
<johann at stonethree.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I’m experiencing some issues with wimboot, please see the attached image.
> Tried a couple of things but no go.
> What I’m I doing wrong or missing somewhere?
> When I’m booting this same ISO from a flashdrive it works perfect but when I boot via PXE, I get this error.
>
> Please let me know.
>
> Thanks.
> Regards / Groete,

The automatic patching of boot.wim as described in
https://git.ipxe.org/wimboot.git/commitdiff/7f42b27f0bd89eafee382ebffd5c775ae01eeb23
fails due to issues with the compression algo, could you share where
the boot.wim comes from or how it was created so someone else can
reproduce this issue?

As a workaround you should be able to add "rawwim"  to the wimboot
cmdline, which should disable this patching