[ipxe-devel] Wimboot: Lang selection through parameters?

Melkor Lord melkor.lord at gmail.com
Wed Sep 27 09:11:30 UTC 2017

Hi,

I'm happily using wimboot for a Windows deployment system and it works like
a charm!

As I have to deal with more than one language, I managed to add
language-packs to the Windows distribution and, with the help of an
unattended XML file, deploy Windows with the correct language selection.

The only remaining issue is with "boot.wim"! Even though it features multi
languages support through language-packs, I can't figure a way to
dynamically choose the language when it kicks up.

Across the internet, there are only solutions that involve hardcoding the
language value via the DISM command, which, of course, breaks the dynamic
part of the process.

Is there a way to pass some boot arguments to wimboot forcing "boot.wim" to
use that special language?

Thanks for any tip or pointer!

--
Unix _IS_ user friendly, it's just selective about who its friends are.