[ipxe-devel] NIC Drivers DEBUG=nii:3 output

Michael Brown mcb30 at ipxe.org
Mon May 15 10:39:12 UTC 2017

On 15/05/17 07:57, Dean Westhead wrote:
> I am not sure what has been changed on the NII driver between the two versions, but I have tried copying
> all of the nii* files from the old version into the new version ( so just that driver is using the old version ),
> and the NIC's are now detected as they should be when I compile the new version of iPXE.
>
> It looks like something in that commit has changed so that they dont get detected any more after the commit.

OK.  You can try comparing the debug output from your patched
known-working version with the unpatched version.

You can also try gradually removing the differences in your patched
version (using "git diff" to see what they are), until you find the
precise change that triggers the bug in the underlying NII driver.