[ipxe-devel] iPXE iSCSI Connection Reset - seems to be an issue since 2011

Michael Brown mcb30 at ipxe.org
Tue Jun 6 14:21:56 UTC 2017

On 06/06/17 22:18, Navid Mohaghegh wrote:
> You are right this seems to be at the TC layer. I added "set
> netX/gateway 0.0.0.0" to my menu file and all is good.

OK.  That "fix" is actually a workaround for the benefit of Windows,
which gets confused by the iBFT definition of default gateway and treats
it as "device through which every single packet must be routed even if
the destination is on the local network".

The fact that this hack has fixed your problem indicates that your DHCP
server is handing out incorrect routing information.  Check the output
from the "route" command in iPXE.