[ipxe-devel] Issues compiling latest ipxe on FreeBSD 11

Pete French pete at twisted.org.uk
Tue Jan 10 15:43:15 UTC 2017

I got to the bottom of this, sort of - the objcopy in
FreeBSD 11 doesnt do what is intended for this command:

	objcopy -O binary -R .zinfo bin/ipxe.pxe.tmp bin/ipxe.pxe.bin

It prints these warnings:

	objcopy: moving loadable section .bss.data16, is this intentional?
	objcopy: moving loadable section .bss.textdata, is this intentional?

and the resulting file is not then useable by zutil. I have aske don
the FreeBSD mailing list if this is a regression or if there is an
extra argument which needs to be supplied to objcopy to make it behave as it
did under 10. For now I can manually build by copyng objcopy
from freeBSD 10 and using that isntead of the 11 one.

-pete.