[ipxe-devel] How to add a driver?

Short, Kermit kermit at lanl.gov
Thu Feb 9 22:21:48 UTC 2017

Greetings!
  In regards to my earlier reply:
   The Allied Telesis 2916SX card has a Broadcom controller on it, and uses Vender/Device ID of (14e4:16a7).  I note that this vendor/device pair is on the "Expected to Work" list and does call out the tg3 (Tigon3) Broadcom driver.

   That said, when I try to boot a system using the stock iPXE boot ISO, I am unable to 'ifopen' the interface, and the system hangs in a Hard Freeze.  Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Best regards,
Kermit Short