[ipxe-devel] Crypto? IPXe failing with 1c25e0 in vmware autodeploy lab setup

Carlos G Mendioroz tron at huapi.ba.ar
Thu Apr 6 10:59:35 UTC 2017

Hi,
Sorry if this is the wrong venue, site advises to contact here.
If there's a better place, please advise!

I'm facing a problem with iPXE as used in VMware auto deploy setup.

I'm trying to boot a VM in a lab environment (actually a vSphere course)
to show auto deploy. This in turn uses iPXE with scripts being loaded
via tftp and https. When trying to use https, it fails with 1c25e002
which is, your page says, related to insufficient entropy.

Q1: is there any way of adding, say, an extra device that can supply
entropy ? Would changing , e.g, some configuration help in getting extra
entropy data ? This is in fact a VM!

What is puzzling me is that I tested this and it worked (on a different
host :) but this is an embedded host, and in both cases the host chain
is the same: Physical host running ESXi6 -> Virtual host running ESXi65
-> VM with the exact same VM configuration in both environments.
Actual physical proc is different though.

Q2: Any idea on how to fix this ? :)

TIA,

--
Carlos G Mendioroz  <tron at huapi.ba.ar>  LW7 EQI  Argentina