[ipxe-devel] Fwd: WinPE behaves differently when started by wimboot

Jeremy Mlazovsky mlazovjp at gmail.com
Sat Mar 26 23:23:58 UTC 2016

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: *Jeremy Mlazovsky* <mlazovjp at gmail.com>
Date: Saturday, March 26, 2016
Subject: [ipxe-devel] WinPE behaves differently when started by wimboot
To: Christian Nilsson <nikize at gmail.com>

As soon as you mentioned the difference in screen resolution, the first
thing that came to mind was that the Surface Pro 3 sounded like it was
booting into BIOS / Legacy Mode rather than UEFI.  But this link says that
it uses UEFI.  However, the Surface Pro 4 uses a different type of UEFI.
Maybe that has something to do with it?

https://www.microsoft.com/surface/en-us/support/warranty-service-and-recovery/how-to-use-the-bios-uefi?os=windows-10

On Saturday, March 26, 2016, Christian Nilsson <nikize at gmail.com