[ipxe-devel] infinite loop in makefile

Walker, Scott walker91 at llnl.gov
Tue Aug 2 21:01:47 UTC 2016

Hi Christian,

The repo I am using is http://git.ipxe.org/ipxe.git and the specific file that I want is ipxe.efi.

I upgraded to Make 4.1 and the build still loops infinitely in the [DEPS] section.

Specifying bin/ipxe.efi (or .pxe) still causes an infinite loop. I tried looking into your makefile but I can only pinpoint the function where the loop is happening, as the file is past my understanding of Make.

The executable at boot.ipxe.org/ipxe.efi does not work because I can not get to the iPXE command line. Control-B causes the program to exit/crash.

thanks,
Scott Walker
walker91 at llnl.gov