[ipxe-devel] multiple initrd/imgfetch in UEFI mode

SIMON, BERTRAND bertrand.simon at atos.net
Fri Oct 9 11:45:27 UTC 2015

Hi,

I'm trying to upload multiple files from my iPXE script to get them during initrd.

It works fine in legacy mode, but I not in UEFI mode.

[code]#!ipxe
  kernel http://my.web.server/boot/vmlinuz initrd=initrd.img
  initrd http://my.web.server/boot/initrd.img
  initrd http://my.web.server/boot/test.txt  /tmp/test.txt
  boot
[/code]

The file test.txt is correctly loaded (I have done an imgstat after the load) but cannot be found under /tmp (neither anywhere) during the initrd phase. It works fine in legacy mode ...

Any advices ?

Note: It took me time to find that the kernel option initrd=<file> is compulsory in UEFI mode (not in legacy)

Thanks,

Simon.