[ipxe-devel] UEFI not working - "snp->undi.receive() 8000h:9h" flood

Tore Anderson tore at fud.no
Wed Nov 11 10:36:12 UTC 2015

* Michael Brown <mcb30 at ipxe.org>

> You could also experiment with loading ipxe.efi from a USB key,
> rather than by chainloading over the network.  This would allow you
> to then try things such as using the UEFI shell commands to unload
> the SnpDxe driver before starting up iPXE.

I upgraded firmware to the latest version, that had no impact on the
network loading over IPv6. Same flood of snp->undi.receive() errors.

I also tried to load ipxe.efi from an USB key, as you suggested. I also
tried IPv4 PXE chainloading from the laptop's UEFI firmware. Those work
much better. However, the snp->undi.receive() error still appears, but
doesn't loop forever like whith IPv6 PXE:

--->8---
iPXE initialising devices...
snp->undi.receive()  8000h:9h
ok

iPXE 1.0.0+ (d5f7) -- Open Source Network Boot Firmware -- http://ipxe.org
Features: DNS HTTP TFTP EFI Menu

net0: 00:11:22:33:44:55 using 82579lm on PCI00:19.0 (open)
  [Link:up, TX:0 TXE:0 RX:0 RXE:0]
[...]
--->8---

At this point it proceeds to download and execute the iPXE script
advertised in the DHCPv6 bootfile-url option.

Sometimes the snp->undi.receive() message appears multiple times
between the "iPXE initialising devices..." and "ok" lines (at most I've
seen 3 occurrences).

Tore