[ipxe-devel] UEFI not working - "snp->undi.receive() 8000h:9h" flood

Tore Anderson tore at fud.no
Fri Nov 6 12:22:35 UTC 2015

Hi list,

I'm trying to get UEFI netboot working in an IPv6-only network
environment. The system appears to download and start iPXE just fine,
but what happens afterwards is that the message "snp->undi.receive()
8000h:9h" message just keeps looping on the screen. This goes on for a
while, until the system reboots automatically.

The message in question doesn't tell me much, so I don't know where to
go next. Anyone know how to interpret the message, or maybe have any
idea of what needs to be changed in order to get any closer to making
it all work? I'd appreciate any insight you might have.

The hardware I'm testing on is a HP EliteBook Folio 9470m (in UEFI-only
mode). The ipxe.efi file in use was built from Git d5f7ee6 (still the
latest commit to master at the time of writing). The full console
output is as follows:

>>Start PXE over IPv6..
  Station IP address is 2001:db8:1::1234
  Server IP address is 2001:db8::69