[ipxe-devel] Could not boot image: Error 0x7f048281

Christian Nilsson nikize at gmail.com
Sun Dec 27 19:44:20 UTC 2015

in iPXE you can do scripting and menus and lot's more that you cant do
in syslinux. I see no reason to stay with syslinux except for if you
still do loots of disk booting.

if you are using gpxe please upgrade!

why would you use grub instead of iPXE if you are going to switch.

A common problem is to have multiple steps when chaining PXE -> iPXE
-> pxelinux -> OS (atleast remove as much as possible, and the not
needed, less capable is pxelinux)

EFI makes it even more complex and probably needs to be more or less
separate anyway (even if you can reuse parts)

If it was me I would start creating the EFI infrastructure with pure
iPXE and avoid any other boot loader as much as possible.