[ipxe-devel] iPXE Driver Support

Ian Bobbitt ian at icb.im
Sun Aug 30 16:46:25 UTC 2015

On Sun, Aug 30, 2015 at 9:14 AM, Robin Smidsrød <robin at smidsrod.no> wrote:
> You could try to add a PCI_ROM() line for each of your cards, but I highly doubt it'll work.

I've tried that with another card in the same family (NetXtreme II
BCM57800 1/10 Gigabit Ethernet [14e4:168a]) and it does indeed not
work.

> If you don't have the skills to work on it, the easiest workaround is to use undionly.kpxe/snponly.efi with chainloading to PXE boot your NBP.

With these cards, that's not an option. I haven't tried snponly.efi,
but undionly.kpxe doesn't work. It stops executing after loading the
UNDI ROM saying "Try to free Memory without Signature_". I assume this
is a bug (or bad memory usage assumption) in the cards' UNDI ROM,
since the message isn't coming from iPXE.