[ipxe-devel] iPXE Driver Support

Robin Smidsrød robin at smidsrod.no
Sun Aug 30 13:14:03 UTC 2015

On 24.08.2015 13:46, Andreas-A Khan wrote:
> I was wondering whether there are any plans to include a NIC driver in
> iPXE for the following network cards:
>
> Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme II BCM57810 10 Gigabit Ethernet [14e4:168e]
> Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme II BCM57810 10 Gigabit Ethernet [14e4:16a2]

There is an experimental branch that was part of the GSoC project
available on http://ipxe.org/gsoc/bnx2 It is incomplete, and lacking
proper code review. If someone with the proper skills picks it up and
makes it ready for review it is possible that it will actually be
included. There is already a bnx2 driver ported from the Linux driver in
mainline, but this one is not very capable, to my knowledge, and has a
limited set of PCI ids associated with it. You could try to add a
PCI_ROM() line for each of your cards, but I highly doubt it'll work.

If you don't have the skills to work on it, the easiest workaround is to
use undionly.kpxe/snponly.efi with chainloading to PXE boot your NBP.

-- Robin