[ipxe-devel] Wimboot fail to proprelly work on some hardware and config

The Phantom thephantom1492 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 17 15:17:26 UTC 2015

| On some computer, like this HP Compaq 6200 Pro Small Form Factor (I3 cpu) I get weirdish issue.At 4G and 5G ram (didn't tried more, I don't think it was worth it), this wim load to ram fine, but then the windows boot manager give a 0xc000000d error.With 2G and 3G ram it work fine
I tried undi.kpxe from rom-o-matic.eu and also syslinux (which is my real setup)
Up to now, it work on about 90% of the computer I tried it (via syslinux/lpxeboot.0/wimboot)and I get the same result with undionly.kpxe from rom-o-matic on the 6200.That said, I do not think it have something to do with the syslinux/undionly since both give the same result, and is fine at 2G ram.
Bios version: 2.09 07/01/2011   and  2.27 02/19/2015
The wim is a windows pe3 based one, 32 bitsIt load fine with syslinux/wimboot at 3G and lessIt also load fine with undionly.kpxe with embeded script from rom-o-matic at 3G and lessBoth fail at 4G and up
Wim load fine if loaded on usb key with the windows stuff directly on all config
Bios is set for legacy boot.
2015-04-07 12.00.41.jpg2015-04-07 12.00.51.jpg

|   |
|   |  |   |   |   |   |   |
| 2015-04-07 12.00.51.jpgShared with Dropbox |
|  |
| View on www.dropbox.com | Preview by Yahoo |
|  |
|   |

|   |
|   |  |   |   |   |   |   |
| 2015-04-07 12.00.41.jpgShared with Dropbox |
|  |
| View on www.dropbox.com | Preview by Yahoo |
|  |
|   |

This was with syslinux, but undionly give very simmilar results.Personally I think the issue is more with wimboot than anything else
Version used:latest syslinux (6.03)
latest wimboot (2.4.1)
latest undionly from rom-o-matic (as of last week)
stock and latest bios
I am currently out of idea for things to try |