[ipxe-devel] Could not open SAN device: Connection reset

Frankd DiMitri frankd412 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 4 01:00:29 UTC 2015

I'm trying to get a machine to boot via iSCSI. It has a Mellanox
ConnectX2-EN card in it, I've tried multiple ones (single/dual port) but I
believe they're all based off of the MT26448 chip.

This is the only message I get from iPXE. The server runs FreeBSD and ctld
for iSCSI targets, I see a message in the log there:

Apr  4 01:51:07 thames ctld[11442]: 172.17.3.21: read: Connection reset by
peer
Apr  4 01:51:07 thames ctld[906]: child process 11442 terminated with exit
status 1

There are no issues using iSCSI initiators inside any operating system,
even for a LUN on this target.

There is only one LUN configured (lun 1) at this time.

Is there anything else I can check or do?

This message appears both from the "FlexBoot" ipxe based loaded on the
Mellanox card and the ipxe git pull I compiled and burned to USB..

Thanks for any advice.