[ipxe-devel] Serial port info

Ján ONDREJ (SAL) ondrejj at salstar.sk
Thu Apr 2 15:54:38 UTC 2015

Hello,

  I think this is not always true. It's configurable in BIOS, but it's not
simple to configure it, sometimes user has no permission to configure these
options.

  There is an "uart" branch of IPXe, which can configure serial console
settings with "console" IPXe command, but this branch is not stable yet.

  Michael, have you some time to finish this? Do you need bugreports?

  With this option, you can configure you serial port from ipxe script.
I think it will be possible to do this:

  console --port 1
  prompt --timeout 3000 Press ENTER to use ttyS0 (COM1)
  console --port 2
  prompt --timeout 3000 Press ENTER to use ttyS1 (COM2)
  console --port 0
  echo Serial console disabled.

This is just an example. I don't know, which numbers should be defined
after --port command ...

							SAL