[ipxe-devel] Windows having problems parsing iBFT from recent iPXE versions?

Floris Bos bos at je-eigen-domein.nl
Thu Oct 30 17:27:19 UTC 2014

Hi Steve,

On 10/30/2014 05:44 PM, Steve Cross wrote:
> I'm a little late reading this email, but you say that you are having
> issues with Windows iSCSI on the Intel NUC series. I am curious which
> exact NUC model you are using. I ask because I have three here at my
> house all running completely diskless iSCSI and have been for nearly
> two years without issue. Perhaps I could provide some assistance. I
> apologize if you already provided this information, I managed to lose
> all emails prior to this one.

My Intel NUC is a DN2820FYK.
Problem might be BIOS version specific.

iPXE is supposed to store the iBFT containing the iSCSI login
information somewhere in the memory region 512K-1024K for the OS to
find, but on my system that region is already in use...

Last month's thread:
http://lists.ipxe.org/pipermail/ipxe-devel/2014-September/003798.html

Yours sincerely,

Floris Bos