[ipxe-devel] Black screen on Intel NUC after wimboot

Ivan Krutskikh stein.hak at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 10:22:52 UTC 2014

Hi,

Thanks for the IPXE project. So far I had no problems with it in various
san boot scenarios.

Until I tried http://ipxe.org/howto/winpe deploy scenario with a couple of
first generation intel nuc pc's (
http://ark.intel.com/products/71484/Intel-NUC-Kit-DCCP847DY).

I launch the latest ipxe.lkrn from syslinux on a local usb key:

label wimboot
    kernel /boot/ipxe.lkrn
    append initrd=/boot/boot.ipxe

boot.ipxe :

#!ipxe

dhcp
set netX/gateway 0.0.0.0
sanhook  iscsi:192.168.0.242:::1:iqn.2014-06.bootup.mtt:winpe
kernel http://192.168.0.242:8080/boot/wimboot
initrd http://192.168.0.242:8080/media/bcd BCD
initrd http://192.168.0.242:8080/media/boot.sdi boot.sdi
initrd http://192.168.0.242:8080/media/boot.wim boot.wim
boot

This boot option worked on almost any other pc in my office, but on nuc's
it downloads all the defined images, flashes black screen and reboots.

What am I doing wrong here and what can be done to get it fixed?

Thanks in advance!