[ipxe-devel] Addendum II ("reboot=" option for linux kernel) [was Re: realtek 8168 GBit issue]

Oliver Rath rath at mglug.de
Thu Mar 13 12:54:40 UTC 2014

Hi .list,

Ive seen, that linux has a boot-parameter "reboot=" (which should also
work for my 64bit linux), where you can set some parameters:

taken from linux-3.13.5/Documentation/kernel-parameters.txt:

reboot=         [KNL]
                        Format (x86 or x86_64):
                                [w[arm] | c[old] | h[ard] | s[oft] |
g[pio]] \
                                [[,]s[mp]#### \
                                [[,]b[ios] | a[cpi] | k[bd] | t[riple] |
e[fi] | p[ci]] \
                                [[,]f[orce]
                        Where reboot_mode is one of warm (soft) or cold
(hard) or gpio,
                              reboot_type is one of bios, acpi, kbd,
triple, efi, or pci,
                              reboot_force is either force or not specified,
                              reboot_cpu is s[mp]#### with #### being
the processor
                                        to be used for rebooting.

Is there a recommendation for my case?