[ipxe-devel] [ipxe] Add ability to build an RPM (#17)

George Brown notifications at github.com
Mon Jun 30 07:49:27 UTC 2014

For me it's more in line with how I would expect the version to appear in the RPM, similar to the Fedora description.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:NamingGuidelines#Package_Versioning

Also whilst the 1.0.0 version number is unlikely to change soon, if it does in the future this version scheme would not reflect this. For example Ubuntu packages this with 1.0.0 followed by a commit for the version.
```sh
apt-cache show ipxe | grep Version
Version: 1.0.0+git-20131111.c3d1e78-2ubuntu1
```
I agree the last commit/ number of commits should be reflected but that the major version should be the leading number.

---
https://github.com/ipxe/ipxe/pull/17#issuecomment-47503434